Christmas & New year 2011
We are closed until Tuesday 3rd January 2012 unless you already have an appointment with us on 28th December.
If you are a patient at this clinic and need to be seen urgently please attend the clinic on Wednesday 28th December at 8.30 am without the need to book an appointment otherwise please leave a telephone or email message and we will return your call depending on the urgency of your situation.
The following brace problems are serious and need attention within 24 hours:
- an accident or fall causing injury to the mouth, severe breakage of a fixed (train-track) such that it is partly hanging off and digging in or broken/lose teeth
- anything else causing a lot of pain because it is cutting the mouth
During working hours
- call us between 9.00 am – 4.00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays. We are not working on Fridays but leave a telephone message or email which will be checked at 1.00 pm
- we are also open two Saturday mornings every month, so please try calling us or leaving a message by email.
- contact your dentist on the days that we are not working.
Evenings & weekends
- Jubilee Dental Centre, St. Richards Hospital, Chichester 01243 831790 (Mon-Fri after 5.30 pm & Sat/Sun/Bank holidays 8.30-1.00 pm)
- or in severe cases go straight to St. Richards A&E
- any adjustments done by other clinicians in an emergency can be rectified later at our practice; please inform us if this happens.
Most problems can usually wait until we are next open (ie. Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & some Saturdays). Please email us or leave a message on our answer phone.
- If a fixed brace is digging in then please try to use dental wax to cover the offending part. Alternatively you can use the red wax around Babybel or Edam cheese or use sugar-free chewing gum.
- Sometimes the wire can be cut with sharp scissors, tucked away under a bracket or pulled out. Please feel free to get yourself out of trouble and we can repair the brace later.
If you are not our patient, we will only see you on a private basis unless we have an arrangement with your orthodontist for emergency cover.